Saturday, July 23, 2011

Angel cake made of real angels to go on sale

MANCHESTER, NH -- If you ask her, Delirious Dreams Bakery Owner Nicole Tolouse has always been known as a bit of a "spitfire" in the world of baking. Her experiments and stunts over the years have earned her renown for her ingenuity as well as hatred for...well, a lot of things.

See the dead baby cupcakes given out for free in front of the abortion clinic.

Or Godzilla made of marzipan with the caption "Is that all you got, Japan?" underneath.

Or the coconut sorbet and chocolate representation of President Barack Obama being sodomized by a Klu Klux Klan member. The last piece earned her some time at the county jail for treason.

"I see my baking and cooking as art. Pure, delicious art. My baking has never been anything but. And, just like in art, you need to break some boundaries sometimes," Tolouse said while she frosted a cake recreation of the lost city of Atlantis.

She envisions her latest creation, though, to be her largest scene yet. Tolouse said that, over the past few months, she has collected angels. She then ground down their wings and will be using the flour for cupcakes to be sold at church bake sales.

Angelcakes, Tolouse said, are "the lightest cupcakes any in the world has ever tasted."

"The angel dust gives them that last...je ne sais quoi that make them the best cupcakes ever."

When questioned about how Tolouse got the angel wings, she remained tight-lipped, offering only "you know Ghostbusters? Kind of like that."

Tolouse expects clergy to object to the cupcakes.

"I'm sure they will. I hope they do. If the invisible beings that do good in my religion were being captured and turned into food, I'd be a little upset, too. Then again, if I believed in invisible beings that do good, I think I'd be a little mad at myself."

When confronted with this apparent contradiction in her own logic, Tolouse shrugged.

"What does it matter. If I say they're made from angels, they're made from angels. All that should matter is that you should give them a try before you complain."

Flashing an angelic smile herself, trestles of auburn hair cascading down to her shoulders, it is hard to believe this baker could be guilty of multiple counts of celestial murder.

"They're sinfully heavenly," Tolouse said. "Chew on that."

No comments:

Post a Comment